We’re so happy that you’ve come to D.O.G. in search of your new pet!
Our shelter is full of amazing dogs ready to find their forever homes. Visit our shelter during opening hours to meet our animals. You may complete and submit an online application prior to your visit so that one of our experienced volunteer/adoption counselors would be on site to assist you during your visit.
Our application process:
- Visit our shelter during opening hours to meet our animals. You may complete and submit an online application prior to your visit so that one of our experienced volunteer/adoption counselors would be on site to assist you during your visit.
- You will meet with one of our volunteers who will introduce you to our animals and answer any questions you might have. If you’d like to spend some one-on-one time with an animal, the best is to take the dog out for a walk. We have plenty of space around the shelter to do this, so you can get to know your potential pet outside of their normal shelter environment.
- If you find a pet that you think would be a perfect fit for you (and your family), you can submit a request to adopt your new friend! We will help determine if it’s the best match for both you and your furry friend.
- In most cases, we will request a home visit, when we can see the environment where our dog would go. This is important to make sure we can give you adequate advice should there be any questions about introducing your new family member to your home and/or other pets.
- Once approved, you can schedule a time to pick up your new family member! Please note: We do not do same-day adoptions!
A few things to note:
- Preferably all members of the family should meet your potential new pet. We want to make sure it’s a good fit for everyone!
- You must be 18 years or older to adopt. In case you live in a rented property, we need the agreement of the owners of the property before you can take your new dog home. Please bring a valid form of ID.
- If you are planning on adopting a dog and already have a dog at home, we will ask that you schedule an appointment to bring him/her to the shelter to meet your potential new pet or arrange a time when we could visit your home with your potential new pet.
- While we do not have an adoption fee, all our dogs have routine veterinarian examinations, are spayed/neutered, and have received their current vaccinations and deworming/parasite preventatives. The cost of these for our organization is usually a few hundred Georgian laris per dog. Therefore we are always grateful to anyone who would like to contribute to or cover some parts of these expenses when they adopt a dog from us.